1 heads red cabbage, sliced into ribbons
6 cups boiling water
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
½ cup red wine
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¾ lb. The Farmers’ Larder kielbasa, cut into bite-sized discs*
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
• Place the sliced cabbage in a colander in the sink. Pour boiling water over the cabbage and drain.
• Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the cabbage, and stir in the lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cabbage turns pink.
• Add the red wine, salt and pepper to the Dutch oven. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
• Meanwhile, brown the kielbasa discs in a skillet. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the mixture to the cabbage and simmering liquid, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat.
• Add the kielbasa, stir to combine, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
* Check The Farmers’ Larder website (thefarmerslarder.com) for purchase details.