1 1/2 cups peeled, coarsely grated zucchini
1/2 cup peeled, coarsely grated russet potato
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce*
2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
Vegetable oil, for frying
• Place the grated zucchini and potato in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 30 minutes to draw out the water. Squeeze to extract as much liquid as you can.
• In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, potato, bell pepper and bread crumbs.
• In a separate bowl, combine the egg, Old Bay, Dijon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Mix well.
• Pour the liquid mixture into the bread crumb mixture and combine gently. Measure out Â¼ cup and roll into a ball. Place it on a plate and gently press it into a patty. Repeat until you have eight patties.
• Heat the oil in a sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat. Dust the patties with flour and add them to the pan in batches. Cook on both sides until well-browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain.
• Serve with your preferred sauce.
* Available at Local Harvest Grocery
I veganized these tonight and omni hubby and I thought they ROCKED! This is a keeper!!