Elotes With Chipotle Crema
1 cup heavy cream
4 Tbsp. plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotles (I prefer La Morena brand.)
4 ears fresh corn in husks
6 Tbsp. grated queso añejo de Cotija cheese
2 Tbsp. guajillo chile powder
Make the crema in advance
• In a bowl, mix the heavy cream and yogurt together well. Cover the bowl with a towel and leave at room temperature overnight or at least 8 hours.
• Remove the towel, cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for a day or 2, until the crema has firmed up to a loose sour cream consistency.
• Whisk adobo sauce fully into the crema.
For the elotes
• Submerge the corn in water for about an hour.
• Fire up the grill. Remove the corn from the water and place it on a hot grill for about 10 to 15 minutes. Turn occasionally until the leaves are blackened.
• While the corn is still hot, carefully pull back the husks. Place the corn back on the grill until nice grill marks develop, about a minute on each side. Remove corn from the grill.
• Using a rubber spatula, spread a generous layer of crema evenly over each ear of corn and then sprinkle the cheese over the top of the crema. Sprinkle on the chile powder and serve immediately.