4 large eggs
2 Tbs. canned pumpkin
¼ tsp. cinnamon
4 slices whole wheat bread
2 tsp. tub margarine spread
Maple syrup, confectioners’ sugar or fresh berries for garnish
• In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin and cinnamon.
• Add the bread slices and turn them in the mixture to soak for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
• Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
• When the pan is hot, add the margarine.
• When the margarine sizzles, add the soaked bread slices and cook until golden brown on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
• Serve warm with syrup, sugar or fruit.