2 small Delicata squash
Olive oil to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp. mild French olive oil
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seed oil
4 cups arugula
2 Tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
2 oz. shaved Comte cheese or other French mountain-style cheese such as Pleasant Ridge Reserve
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Split and seed the squash and cut into ¼-inch slices.
• Toss the squash with the olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
• Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
• While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pumpkin seed oil until emulsified.
• Spread the squash in a single layer on a large serving plate.
• Toss the arugula in the vinaigrette and place atop the squash.
• Garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds and shaved cheese.