Shaved Zucchini Salad
1 lb. zucchini
Juice of ½ lemon
Fleur de sel and pepper to taste
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, whole without the stems
¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Slightly less than ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
• Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a vegetable slicer, mandoline or very sharp knife, slice the zucchini very thinly on the bias.
• Toss the zucchini with the lemon juice.
• Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
• Add the almonds, parsley and Parmesan and gently toss.
• Add the olive oil slowly to coat. Toss and serve immediately.