1 cup shredded zucchini
½ tsp. salt plus a few pinches
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 heaping Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 cup plain soy milk
¼ cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp. tahini
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Place the zucchini in a bowl and toss with a few pinches of salt. Set the zucchini in a colander for 15 minutes and let any excess liquid drain.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, brown sugar, poppy seeds and Â½ teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, blend the soy milk, lemon juice and tahini. Make a well in the bowl of dried ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until blended. Add the zucchini and stir gently to combine.
• Pour the batter into a prepared 9-by-5-inch loaf plan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool completely before slicing.