2 lbs. (3 bunches) small carrots with tops
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ jalapeno, minced
1 tsp. lemon zest
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the carrot tops and set aside.
• On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the carrots, shallots, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Roast, stirring occasionally until the carrots are tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
• Drizzle the carrots with the lemon juice and toss to coat, then transfer to a platter.
• Finely chop the carrot tops. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup chopped carrot tops, the cilantro, jalapeno and lemon zest.
• Sprinkle the gremolata over the carrots and serve.