½ cup dark brown sugar
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. chile powder
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. Old Bay
1 large egg white
4 cups (about 1¼ lbs.) mixed whole almonds, pecans and cashews
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
• In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, paprika, cayenne, chile powder, pepper and Old Bay.
• In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white until slightly foamy. Stir in the sugar mixture until smooth.
• Fold in the nuts until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 25 minutes. Let cool, stirring every few minutes to prevent sticking.
• Break up any remaining clumps and serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.