½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp. bourbon
2 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. baking soda
12 cups popped popcorn (preferably stovetop)
8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup cashews
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
• Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Stir in the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer undisturbed 4 minutes. Stir vigorously, then continue simmering, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture turns amber, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Stir in the bourbon, salt, cayenne and baking soda, then gently stir in the popcorn, bacon and cashews until evenly coated.
• Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet in an even layer and bake 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
• Spread out the popcorn on wax or parchment paper and let cool at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up clumps. Serve immediately or cover and store up to 5 days.