Spicy ’Nduja Vinaigrette
Ingredients¾ cup plus 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup plus ½ Tbsp. canola oil
1 shallot, minced
3 Tbsp. ’nduja
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1½ cups Champagne vinegar
Pinch of kosher salt
• In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and canola oil to blend.
• In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons blended oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and ’nduja. Gently break up the ’nduja with a wooden spoon and cook until the fat renders, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make a vinaigrette by whisking together the orange zest, orange juice, vinegar and salt. Set aside.
• Whisk the remaining 1 cup blended oil into the cooled ’nduja mixture, then slowly whisk in the vinaigrette.
• Use immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight so the flavors meld. Serve over smoked beets, grilled fish or roasted pork.