¼ cup plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter, divided
6 medium zucchini (3 lbs.), peeled
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. orange juice
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ cup tightly packed brown sugar
½ cup old-fashioned oats
¼ cup flour
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
• Trim the stem and root from the zucchini and discard. Cut in half lengthwise. Use the tip of a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Chop the zucchini into ¾- to 1-inch pieces.
• Place the zucchini pieces in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir until the zucchini is evenly coated, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
• In the same mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and the remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Cut the remaining ¼ cup butter into the mixture. Using your hands, combine until the mixture forms pea-sized lumps. Sprinkle the mixture over the zucchini.
• Bake until the top is golden brown and the zucchini softens, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.