The “All for One and One for All” Bar
This recipe was originally posted as part of The Weekend Project. Click here to see the recipe in its entirety, or follow the links below for additional recipe instruction.
2½ cups (15 oz.) Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
7 oz. jar marshmallow cream
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk (2 percent or whole)
● Line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
● In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave ½ cup chocolate chips on high 20 to 30 second bursts, stirring until completely melted. Pour the chocolate into the bottom of the loaf pan and use a rubber spatula to spread gently into an even layer.
● In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the marshmallow cream and another ½ cup chocolate chips on high 30 to 45 seconds, until the chocolate softens in the cream. Stir well to combine and pour it over the chocolate, using a rubber spatula to spread gently into an even layer. Freeze the loaf pan until the chocolate is set, 20 to 30 minutes.
● In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave another ½ cup chocolate chips on high 20 to 30 second bursts, stirring until completely melted. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate over the hardened marshmallow cream, using a rubber spatula to spread gently into an even layer. Freeze again to set, another 15 to 20 minutes.
● Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze. In a narrow coffee mug, microwave the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon milk on high in 20 to 30 second bursts. Stir until the milk is completely incorporated and the chocolate is thin enough to glaze the bars. Add another 1 tablespoon milk if needed to thin the glaze. Set aside.
● Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and remove the loaf pan from the freezer. Lift the parchment paper to remove the candy bar from the loaf pan and place it on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the candy bar into 1-inch slices, then cut each slice in half. Stab a mini candy bar with a fork, dip it into the milk chocolate glaze to coat and place it on the baking sheet to set. Gently remove the fork and repeat until all the candy bars are glazed.
● Candy bars will keep several weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
Tags : Chocolate