Winslow's Home's Buttermilk Pancakes
4 cups buttermilk
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking soda
2 tsp. kosher salt
1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, melted
• Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat.
• In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk until incorporated.
• In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the buttermilk mixture, then whisk rapidly while drizzling the melted butter into the bowl. Continue whisking until a lumpy batter forms. Do not to overmix.
• Coat the hot griddle with pan spray. Pour 4 ounces of batter onto the griddle and cook 1½ to 2 minutes, until the underside is light brown. Flip and cook 2 more minutes. Repeat until all batter is used.
• Serve with fresh seasonal fruit, compote, lemon curd or maple syrup.
Tags : Buttermilk