2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp. sugar
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup (12 Tbsp.) chilled butter
4 to 5 Tbsp. ice water
• In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients until they resemble coarse meal.
• Slowly pulse in water until dough holds together and is manageable.
• Divide into two balls. Roll out each ball to an 11-inch round. Place into a 9-inch pie plate.
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Generous pinch of salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
4 cups puréed cooked pumpkin
4 large eggs
2 cups evaporated milk
• Heat oven to 425 degrees.
• In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and mix with an electric mixer. Slowly add the eggs and milk, mixing until smooth.
• Pour half the filling into each pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes.
• Cool the pie on a rack until it can be refrigerated. Chill.
• To serve, garnish with whipped cream.