Triple chocolate cookies
Here, chocolate bitters substitute for vanilla extract. In combination with cocoa powder and chocolate chips, these cookies are a triple threat.
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup shortening
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
5 tsp. chocolate bitters (such as Fee Brothers Aztec chocolate bitters)
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars. Add the bitters and the egg. Beat well. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions. Fold in the chocolate chips.
• Cover the bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes.
• Drop dough by the large spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
• Bake 8 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely, before storing, covered, at room temperature.
Tags : Chocolate