1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced celery
¾ cup diced carrot
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. minced ginger
¼ cup, plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
4 quarts chicken stock
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped thyme
1 Tbsp. paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 12-oz. package egg noodles
• In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sweat the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and ginger in ¼ cup olive oil for 5 minutes.
• Add the chicken and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the stock, parsley, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then decrease the heat to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes.
• In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles in water.
• Drain the noodles, and immediately toss in 1 tablespoon of oil.
• To serve, spoon the noodles into bowls and ladle the soup on top.