4 6- to10-oz. trout fillets
Olive oil for rubbing and sauteing
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
½ cup asparagus, sliced
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
½ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 Tbsp. clarified butter
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Rub each trout fillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Lightly coat a large pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. In the pan, sear the fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
• Meanwhile, saute the asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and garlic in olive oil (or butter if preferred) for approximately 1 minute until slightly tender.
• Place the fillets on a greased baking pan; top with the vegetable mixture and a splash of clarified butter.
• Bake for 3 minutes and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Hendel’s Market Café & Piano Bar
599 St. Denis St., Florissant, 314.837.2304, hendelsrestaurant.com