1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ lb. diced andouille or other smoked, spicy sausage
2 cups fresh okra, cut into ¼-inch rings
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 Tbsp. jalapeño, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
3 cups fresh or defrosted frozen corn
¼ cup heavy cream
• In a saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
• Add the sausage and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels.
• To the same skillet, add the okra and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
• Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic and thyme.
• Saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add corn and saute for another 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and cook 1 minute longer.
• Add the sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.