1/2 lb. penne or fusilli
4 ears raw corn, shucked and kernels cut off
6 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 cups chopped spinach
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Cook the pasta according to package directions.
• Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, dry-roast the corn over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it’s lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
• Place the corn in a large mixing bowl with the tomatoes, garlic, spinach and blue cheese.
• When the pasta is done, drain it and add the hot pasta to the bowl. Stir to wilt the spinach and blend the other ingredients.
• Drizzle the salad with the lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with the toasted pumpkin seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.