Sauce Magazine seeks interns for spring 2020
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking Editorial Interns for spring 2020.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce Editorial Intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Attend occasional events and tastings with the Sauce editorial team, gaining real-world experience as a food journalist.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Assist Sauce Events Coordinator at Food Truck Friday events and Taco Fest.
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce Editorial Intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
This internship is unpaid; internship begins in early January and ends in early May. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available 10 to 12 hours a week.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, spring semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Catherine Klene, managing editor, digital, at cklene[at]saucemagazine.com. All resumes must be submitted no later than Nov. 27. No calls, please.
Tags : People
More stories like this
Ones to Watch 2020 // Jane Sacro-Chatham
Sous chef Jane Sacro-Chatham is the spark plug in the Vicia engine.