In case you missed it...
1. Cinder House at the Four Seasons downtown opens to the public Aug. 29. The hotel has partnered with Niche Food Group chef-owner Gerard Craft on a new menu that celebrates food cooked over fire with dishes that give more than a passing nod to South American cuisine.
2. Earthbound Beer has swapped barbecue for musubi. The Cherokee Street brewery introduced a new in-house menu of “groovy 1970s tiki lounge food” Friday Aug. 17.
3. Longtime friends and colleagues Rex Hale and Kelsi Baker Walden officially opened the doors to their seed-to-table restaurant Bakers & Hale at 7120 Montclaire Ave., in Godfrey, Illinois, on Monday, Aug. 6.
4. A new EdgeWild Restaurant Group eatery, simply billed EdgeWild, is now open at 1071 S. State Route 157 in Edwardsville.
5. After a sporadic few weeks, doors are open for regular service at 50/Fifty Kitchen at 3723 Kingshighway Blvd., in Northampton.
6. Downtown's Red Oak Biscuits owner Derek Schulze said he plans to open Moonshine, a distillery, bar and restaurant at 1325 Washington Ave. in December.
More stories like this
Mike Randolph will close Público in December
Owners Mike and Liz Randolph announced today, Nov. 14, they will close Público after service Dec. ...
Matt Wynn named executive chef at Taste
Matt Wynn will replace Taste chef Adam Guess, who will head south to assume the executive ...