11 reasons to go to Westport Social right now
Westport Social is a versatile bar. You want to drink craft cocktails? No problem. How about getting crazy competitive while playing bocce ball? Sure thing. Even if you just want to sit in the corner with a glass of wine and a healthy-ish salad, you can do that, too. If you’re not convinced, here are 11 more reasons to go.
1. Pingpong tables + a killer beer list = grown-up beer pong, basically.
2. Funnel cake fries, please.
3. We’re into these nachos for more than the cheese sauce. They’re made with crisp wonton skins riddled with air pockets, burnt ends from heaven and the occasional vinegar blast of pickled banana pepper.
4. Big, comfy leather couches and other modern touches add sophistication to the warehouse-sized space.
5. The punch, made with Old Tom gin, Crown Royal, Giffard pamplemousse, lemon and yerba mate, is fresh and goes down super easy.
6. A solid wine list proves this isn’t just a bro bar – furmint, anyone?
7. Pop-a-Shot-style basketball hoops in the back are regulation-size. (Watch for a rogue elbow – competition gets stiff.)
8. With crowd noise and larger than life-sized players (one of the many TVs is 9-by-15 feet), it’s like you’re at the game – only better.
9. Karaoke in private rooms means you can make a fool of yourself to a select audience of your choosing.
10. When the energy gets too crazy inside, there are fire pits to cozy up next to on the patio.
11. Shuffleboard two ways: tabletop or on sprawling cruise ship-style floor courts. Those cues are fun even if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Meera Nagarajan is art director at Sauce Magazine.
More stories like this
First Look: Coffeestamp Microroasters & Coffee Bar in Fox Park
Coffeestamp Microroasters & Coffee Bar opens Friday, Aug. 14, 2020, at 2511 S. Jefferson Ave. in ...
Chef Loryn Nalic's 3 favorite dishes from Balkan Treat Box
When chef Loryn Nalic recreated her and her husband’s favorite dishes from the Balkan Peninsula for ...